As the new year kicks off, I have some recommendations for you, as usual. So here are my 12 recommendations for the year 2017.
- Be mindful, of who you are, what you do and how you respond to life. Know yourself… It is one way of transforming your life.
- Be honest with yourself. Have some integrity for no one else but yourself. Ask yourself honest questions. Give yourself honest answers.
- Avoid these four people: the selfish, the clueless, the foolish and the lawless. They will wreck you, weigh you down, frustrate your goals, and make your efforts and wisdom appear like folly.
- Expand your mind. The more you know and understand, the better your life will be. Do not just acquire knowledge… apply the knowledge you acquire. Learn more. Be informed.
- Spend time with your friends, quality time. Family is important too. Put the effort into becoming relevant in the lives of those you consider important… It will make you live longer.
- Create good networks. Always introduce yourself… it will make people remember you, and your name. Add value first… it will increase your value and relevancy in people’s lives.
- Be yourself: Be original; be authentic. Do not let abnormal people stop you from doing what is normal. Do not let crazy people stop you from being yourself. Be you. Do you. For you.
- Do not listen to fear talks. You know when people advise you with good intentions, but out of fear? Do not listen! There is a difference between pathetic fear, and prudent caution.
- Be optimistic, but realistic. Do not overestimate your abilities. Do not underestimate your flaws. Do not ignore your strengths. Do not empower your fears.
- And about fear… Feel the fear, and do it anyway! Brave people feel fear too! But they do not let their fears paralyze them… Do not let your fears paralyze you too.
- It is a new year, and the same you… But set new and exciting goals, set new objectives. Reach further than you did last year. Compete with yourself.
- Be grateful, for everything! Good things happen to those who are grateful. Express gratitude to God, everyday, for all that you have, and all that you lack. Always express gratitude to those who deserve it.
To your success…